Tuesday 13 March 2018

Study Task 8: Initial Ideas

I have now started to develop my brief into initial ideas and sketches. My practical work for the printmaking question will be based on cats, I had a wide range of ideas before this but I have decided to create prints based on cats as it is something that actually interests me, meaning I will really enjoy creating the prints.

My first idea was to create cat Tinder; the cat tinder would be used to advertise cats that need homes. People would be able to view the cats information as if it was a Tinder profile, a photograph, age, gender and hobbies would be displayed for each cat. However, after speaking to Simon about this idea, it felt that this was based too much on advertising and branding, rather than printmaking.

I then decided that I instead I would create some really illustrative experimental posters using imagery and facts about cats. I will either combine a few printmaking methods throughout each poster, or I will screen print them. I think a set of 3 posters in A3 size will work best, however I will experiment with A4 as well. I have now begun to create sketches of how the posters could look; colour, shape of the posters and layout.


No comments:

Post a Comment