Monday 26 March 2018

Study Task 8: Screen Printing Posters

Today I have started to screen print my posters; Cats in Hats. I really enjoyed screen printing the posters as the process was really fun, I also enjoyed experimenting with different colours and paper. I created one set which was on white cartridge paper where each cat was black but had a different coloured hat; blue, yellow, pink. Another version followed a colour palette of red, black and white; I used black card, with the cats in white with red hats. The last version of posters uses the same colour scheme but this time the paper was red with black hats.

I was stuck between which style to use as my final set, so I asked my peers and friends which paper worked best (similar to a mini critique but with people individually, rather than as a group). Red had one vote, black had 3, however the majority of people that I asked preferred the normal white paper; 5 votes. I agreed with this in the end, I think the white cartridge paper with the coloured hats look best.






No comments:

Post a Comment