Wednesday 27 February 2019

Initial Ideas and Supporting Visuals (Pt2)

For tomorrows critique, I have also created some logo experiments for the brand Wet n Wild. I noticed that higher end makeup brands tend to use Sans Serif typefaces as they are cleaner, giving a more professional and minimal look. I experimented with the placements of the two W's, shapes relating to the brand, composition and type weights for a logotype, at the moment I prefer the designs with the two W's over lapping as I think it would be memorable as it is minimal whilst still looking unique and professional.

I also gathered some research on possible colour palettes I could use, high end makeup brands tend to use a very strict and limited colour palette. I then incorporated the logos and colours into quick wireframe/designs to see how they'd look through re-branding one of the Wet n Wild highlighter sticks. In the critique I will ask for opinions on which logos and colours work best.

Logo experiments

Colour palette inspiration

Incorporating the logos and colour palettes into quick designs/layouts

No comments:

Post a Comment