Wednesday 27 February 2019

Initial Ideas and Supporting Visuals

Tomorrow I have a group critique in which I will explain my question and then discussed the research, initial ideas, case studies and some initial visual experiments that I have gathered and created.

I decided that for my practical work I want to re-brand a low-end, cheap brand to look extremely high end and luxurious. I want to re-brand a makeup/skin care brand as this relates to one of the case studies that I mention in my essay, also makeup and skin care is very personal to the user and has high importance in todays society. The makeup brand that I have decided to re-brand is Wet n Wild.

I started by creating some visual experiments that I can show in the critique, as I will find it much easier to explain the concept with actual visuals. I first created a mood board which consists of imagery of high end makeup brands which I found had interesting branding, such as Chanel, Mac, YSL, Glossier and Clinique. These brands are also very well known which means I can gather a lot of research based on them.


Additionally, I have also written a rough draft for my brief which I will also provide in my critique so that my peers can have a clearer understanding of what I want to produce for my practice:

No comments:

Post a Comment