Tuesday 26 February 2019

Initial Ideas Notes and Sketches

I have started to come up with some initial ideas for how I could approach the practical work. I know that I want to focus on re-branding through focusing on makeup/skin care brands as this relates to one of the case studies in my essay. My main initial ideas are to either re-brand a really high end, luxurious makeup brand to look cheaper and tacky or the other way round, however I think I would enjoy to re-brand a low-end, cheap makeup brand to look rich and high end as this is more interesting.

I created some mindmaps which focus on these ideas and also researched into low end and high end makeup products which I then annotated using imagery that I have gathered of them. Annotating helped me make notes on design choices which reflect a tackier aesthetic as well as richer aesthetics. The high end brands that I focused on were Mac, YSL, Chanel and Glossier, the low end brands that I focused on were Poundlands own makeup brand, Wet n Wild and Olay.






No comments:

Post a Comment