Tuesday 1 October 2019

COP3 Module Briefing/Recap

Submission date: 12/12/19

Notes from briefing:

The essay should build into my practical work, both need to have strong links between each other! The essay must develop a coherent argument and conclusion drawing on relevant research from different medias that I have gathered. Keep looking back at my main quotes/arguments in the essay as they should influence my practical work.

  • The essay must be written in third person and Harvard referenced throughout.
  • Design work documented on blog. Document everything!
  • 6-8 Design boards. Aim for 6 or 7.

Ethics

  • Taking other people into consideration and not being offensive with design and theories 
  • Appropriation in terms of imagery and typefaces etc. consider whether its worth going into legal issue areas, be aware of these things
  • Ethics in Graphic Design doesn't have too many hard and fast rules but it needs to be considered if needed- filling in forms if using human participants within my research

To do:

-Keep researching/reading
-Arrange regular meetings for feedback with COP tutor
-More primary research (surveys, visit places)
-Read back at previous COP module feedback from Levels 4 and 5, what worked well and what areas needed improvement?

Presentation prep for next week:

I should outline my research over summer, mention the key points that I will mention in the essay, how my question has changed from my initial proposal, time plan, practical ideas (ask for advice on what I should design) and reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment