Friday 11 October 2019

Re-visiting Old COP Feedback

I felt that it was important that I look back at COP feedback from level 4 and 5 in order to see what worked well and what needed improving, so that I know what I can do to improve further this year. In first year, my question was related to the history of print making, whereas in second year my question was

Feedback for Level 4 COP:

The feedback for first year COP I definitely agreed with, I felt that I really learnt a lot more about print and the history of it, this knowledge helped me with projects in second year. I also agree that in order to improve more I could have triangulated more.


Feedback for Level 5 COP:


I was quite disappointed with my second year feedback as I did feel that I didn't get as high as I should have- maybe because the tutor misunderstood the aims of the practical in relation to my essay...so to improve on this in Level 6 I need to state and make the links between my essay and practical clearer so they're understood better.

I also worked really hard on the practical and felt that the practical outcomes were to a high standard and better than my level 4 COP practical work. Maybe at some points I began to focus more on the practical than essay and this is was where I slipped?

In both years my practical outcomes involved design for production and print as I'm better at this and enjoy it more than design for screen, I am sticking to this for my COP practical work this year.

The biggest area that needed more focus and research on in both years was cognitive skills.


Areas to improve and consider to do better this year:
  • Make clearer links between the essay and practical, make sure there is a clear relation between the two with relevant research behind it
  • More triangulation
  • Have an equal amount of focus on the essay and practical- don't prioritise one more than the other. Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment