Thursday 21 March 2019

Design Development (Individual Products)

Since I have developed my brand guideline basics and my initial design ideas further, I am now able to apply the designs and details to the individual products that I want to re-brand for Wet n Wild. I will focus on 3-4 products that work individually as well as in a set that could also be purchased. Makeup brands often offer sets of things which are cheaper than buying the items individually, this helps the brand to up-sell as well as helping the customer save money.

Below shows different design developments for the MegaGlo highlighter stick, PhotoFocus Matte foundation and the MegaVolume mascara. I have experimented with layouts within each products packaging so that all of the designs don't look exactly the same.

However I need to keep the overall re-brand consistent as this is what high-end makeup branding focuses on- they keep the designs as minimal as possible with higher focus on production and materials. Additionally, my research shows that the consistency of aesthetic communicates a stronger message.

Highlighter, Foundation (front and back), Mascara (2 variations)

Further foundation packaging design development (Front and Back)



No comments:

Post a Comment