Thursday 21 March 2019

Wet n Wild Research / Buyer Persona

One of the main elements of creating a brand guideline is the Buyer Persona. By definition, a buyer persona is a fictional representation of your ideal customer. It can include details relevant to the customer's age, gender, job title, and professional challenges. Which is why it is extremely important for your buyer persona to appear in your brand style guide. Your buyer persona is your target audience, and therefore specifies for whom your brand publishes content.

Your buyer persona can guide:

  • Blog content.
  • Ad copy
  • Visual media

In order to gain further knowledge on my Buyer Persona for my practical work, it is useful and important for me to research into the brand Wet n Wild (which I am re-branding). This will help me to figure out who exactly my audience is, what they need, and how this brand is better than its competition.


Who is my audience: People that have a high interest in makeup and skin care. People that don't want to pay tons on a high end brand if a low end brand will provide the same thing/quality: the branding should look high end to draw them in and make them choose this more affordable brand instead of a high end brand

What do they want: Affordable makeup

What am I selling them: Makeup and skincare products. However, the branding/practical that I am creating will focus on a set of 3/4 products that come as a set

How and why is Wet n Wild better than its competition: 

  • 1. The price range for Wet n Wild is extremely affordable which is important. Through personal experience I would also much prefer to use a more affordable makeup brand as I feel myself running out of things every couple months and having to buy more constantly, its almost like an investment so it adds up to quite a lot- its not just a one off purchase. I also find that I go back to the same brands since I trust them.
  • 1 (continued). 'Our products have always, always been some of the best-priced on the market and it’s not like we use different materials to make them than our competitors. Know what we’re saying? We care about you.' Wet n Wild.
  • Wet n Wild are cruelty free, and always have been. They also make it a point to work with cruelty-free, third-party vendors. This means that Wet n Wild cater for an even wider audience than just regular makeup lovers.
  • They are the #1 value brand in America. 
  • Launched in 1979- years of experience and product development over the years
  • They are the trusted beauty destination for all beauty lovers, inclusive of all ages, ethnicities, skin colors, and economic statuses 'So basically, no matter who/where you are in life, we have a product for you, Wild One'



No comments:

Post a Comment