Thursday 21 March 2019

Further Practical Considerations

Moving forward with my practical work, I have been thinking about ways in which I can continue to develop them further over the next few weeks. I also showed my designs and explained my ideas to 2 of my peers in order to get some feedback from them as well which I found useful.

Further considerations and ideas:

  • Use more than one typeface. Using another typeface for a certain detail will help to make it stand out (the shade or name of the product)  I'd use a bold typeface in order to make this detail stand out, as well as creating an interesting contrast against the main typeface.
  • Keep logo and main body texts/small information details in the same Sans Serif typeface
  • The packaging could be gift wrapped in a really fancy way to reflect the overall high-end feel further. Consider materials like tissue paper and ribbon etc
  • Print out the packaging designs to see what they look like so far physically, can be quite hard to imagine what things will look like physically when the designs are on screen to start with obviously. Production is the main focus
  • Name ideas for the makeup set: 
-Fresh Faced
-Natural look
-Morning essentials
-Everyday essentials
-Mega set, The Megas, Mega??? The 'Mega' relates to the products that I am re-branding as they're always called 'Mega' something.

  • A little introduction card that comes with the set (tells the customer a little bit about the set and what it will provide them, makes it more personal). The card could have subtle little details like the logo foiled on the back, maybe even embossing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment