Monday 25 March 2019

Net Developments

I have now developed the individual packaging re-branding designs as nets so that I can physically print out them out and fold them for final products. I have already created near final designs for the front and back of each product but I felt that the sides needed something or else the overall design may look too basic- even though my designs need to be minimal and clean, I felt that the sides could do with a little something.

Furthermore, when I was showing my peers my designs for the gift wrapping paper, they all seemed to really like the design that I am using for the final gift wrapping paper. The design is a pattern of the logo in small scale which creates a delicate aesthetic as it is still minimal and uses the logo in smaller scale than on the front of the products.

I thought it would be interesting to use also use this as a pattern on the sides of the products- a pattern is more appropriate and look interesting, rather than putting unnecessary information on the sides just for the sake of it. Below shows variations of the design in Black as well as the Pink.



Below shows the netting designs that I created for each individual product to be printed. Furthermore, digitally I really liked the netting designs of the pattern which uses the logo in the Pink shade so I applied this to all of the package nets.





Additionally, I printed out 3 different net designs of one of the products that I have re-branded (the foundation) in order to see what actually looks best physically as you can't get a real feel of something digitally. 

I printed one version without the pattern, one version which uses the pattern in pink, and one version that uses the pattern in black. It was found that the design below worked best out of the 3, the pink was found to be too subtle and it was hard to see that the pattern was of the logo. 

I cut this net out and folded it to see what it physically looks like- I was really happy with the outcome of how it looked even though it was a quick mockup. Furthermore, I will apply this pattern design and details to the other nets so that I can get them all digitally printed on Thursday.







No comments:

Post a Comment