Saturday 23 March 2019

Material Purchasing

I have decided that I also want gift wrapping to go alongside my packaging and branding designs. The packaging that I am creating will be gift wrapped using fancy techniques and materials in order to reflect the overall high-end feel and aesthetic further.

Makeup and skincare brands often gift wrap their products in fancy techniques and materials. This reflects that they take care and pride in their products, it also communicates that the products are of high value since they are gift wrapped so carefully and professionally.

Today I went into town and purchased some materials which I will use to gift wrap and present the packaging designs that I make, I will show the packaging/branding separate as well as physically gift wrapped. For these materials I went to Kirkgate Market and Fred Aldous.

Since my re-branding of Wet n Wild focuses on 3 main colours; black, white and baby pink, I stuck to these colours. I also purchased some grey/silver ribbon as I want to foil some of my designs in silver so this would match quite well.

What I bought:

  • Black and White tissue paper
  • 3 different silk ribbons: 2 meters of thick white, 2 meters of pink, 3 meters of grey/silver. I chose to buy silk ribbon as silk reflects a more rich feel that a cotton/textured ribbon for example.
  • A1 White Frost Colorplan 135gsm. Another element of gift wrapping is the actual gift wrap paper which I will design and foil myself, the paper for gift wrap is usually quite thin but not flimsy. This paper was the most appropriate out of all the ones I saw.






No comments:

Post a Comment