Tuesday 26 March 2019

Foiling Designs

Today I foiled the introduction card that comes with the set as well as the gift wrapping paper. I stuck with my original idea to foil in silver as silver matches my overall colour palette best- silver also reflects a rich, luxurious aesthetic which is what I am aiming for the re-branding aims to look high end. My research also showed that almost all high-end makeup brands use a metallic element in the production of their products.

I was extremely happy with how the foiling turned out as it didn't come out as patchy as I thought it would which was what I was worried about. One of the gift wrapping paper foiled designs got over printed and messed up a little bit so I will re-do this if I get time.

Additionally, I printed the gift wrapping paper onto thin GF Smith colour plan paper in White Frost as it is still durable paper but also quite thin, but I would quite like to foil on thin white newsprint maybe as gift wrapping paper is usually thinner. I printed the introduction card double sided on a nice thick white card which helps to make it look more important than if it were on flimsy paper, it also means that it wouldn't get creased and ruined easily as it is quite small.





No comments:

Post a Comment