Sunday 24 March 2019

Gift Wrapping Research and Ideas

Since I want to gift wrap the packaging that I am designing for the Wet n Wild re-brand, I have started to gather some research on high end cosmetic gift wrapping.  The examples that I found interesting focus on using 2 main colours, 3 at a push- a minimal colour palette adds to the rich look. Also, the products are packaged in a box with ribbons, the product is then placed with tissue paper inside and sometimes additional wrapping paper.

Cosmetic brands often gift wrap their products, in order to show that they take care and pride in their products, it also communicates that the products are of high value since they are gift wrapped so carefully with nice quality materials.




I am also going to create my own gift wrapping paper, so I have gathered some research around that as well. The examples that I found interesting include gift wrapping paper by high end brands such as Versace and Estee Lauder. 

I noticed that they often just use the logo on the gift wrapping paper to continue with the minimal aesthetic, this is also what I want to use on mine as it is most appropriate- the logo is what everyone recognises the brand by. One of my ideas was to also foil the design of the gift wrapping paper to give it more of that rich look, which is what these examples also do.



No comments:

Post a Comment