Thursday 21 March 2019

Design Development

I have now started to develop my designs further from my initial design ideas and through the research I gathered on brand guidelines. As I am re-branding a low-end brand to look high-end, my research showed that the high end makeup brands use a minimal colour palette, one or two typefaces where relevant and an overall minimal layout and aesthetic

The main focus is to make the production methods extremely high quality and durable in order to achieve that physical high-end, luxurious look. For production I also want to use foiling as one of my techniques, research shows that one of the ways in which a high-end makeup branding/packaging achieve a rich aesthetic is through foiling and other metallic effects, as well as fancy packaging using materials like tissue paper and ribbon.

Below shows the development of the initial packaging for the Wet n Wild MegaGlo highlighter stick. Peer feedback suggested that the design on the far right worked best which I also agreed with. The colour palette sticks to 3 main colours: black, white and light pink. The light pink is neutral and light which gives a soft, professional look, whereas a brighter colour would look too crazy and bold (less high-end).

Furthermore, similar layouts and design details will be applied to each item that I re-brand and package in order to create consistency. My research shows that consistency across design communicates a stronger message and makes the branding more memorable for the public.

The brand design guide lines for the re-brand of Wet n Wild focus on typography, logo and colour palette. The brand guide lines will be developed further but these are the main key points that were most important to lay out out first.


Brand guidelines

No comments:

Post a Comment